The St Johns County Horse Council Scholarship is awarded to outstanding youth in NE Florida pursuing higher education in a college or university. The St Johns County Horse Council Scholarship is awarded to the sons and daughters of SJCHC members or to an individual SJCHC member in good standing.
1) Applicant must be a current member of the St Johns County Horse Council in good standing, either as an Individual or as part of a Family membership.
2) Applicant must be majoring in a field of study preparing them for a career in the equine industry.
3) Applicant must have demonstrated a record of activity in the equine industry prior to college application.
4) Scholarship may also be used for Graduate School or Vet School.
1) Complete the one-page cover form.
2) Submit two letters of reference attesting to the applicant’s commitment to the equine industry, activity in the industry and character.
3) Submit a short (500 word maximum) essay about how horses have shaped your life and the goals you wish to pursue in the horse industry.
4) Submit a list of activities and honors received (high school, college, civic, church, clubs, SJCHC, etc.).
5) Mail 1 copy of the complete application package (cover form, two letters of reference, essay and activity/honor list) by March 30, 2020 to: Scholarship Committee, St Johns County Horse Council, and P.O. Box 538, Hastings, FL 32145
1) Scholarship winners should plan to attend the SJCHC Scholarship presentation ceremony (place and date to be determined).
2) Scholarships will be sent directly to your educational institution’s scholarship office. SCHOLARSHIP AMOUNT $1,000.00
**Scholarship may be applied to summer or fall term tuition and fees for the calendar year in which the scholarship is awarded.